- 25 g olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 750g potatoes, Cut into cubes
- 500g water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50g Milk
- 50g sour cream
- 50g Butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 125g Butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon White wine vinegar or tarragon vinegar, Tarragon is best but either is fine.
- 25g lemon juice
- 25g cold water
- ripe avocado
- Hollendaise sauce
- Mash potato
3h 40minPreparation 3h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add all marinade ingredients to the bowl mix 30 sec/ speed 8
Pour into a dish with the chicken, refrigerate for 2-3 hours
Cook on the bbq for char grilled chicken or follow on to steam in the varoma.
Insert butterfly whisk and add all ingredients to the bowl.
Cook 8min/90/speed 3
Set aside in a thermo server to keep warm.
Place Garlic cloves in bowl 3 sec/speed 8
Add butter, cook 2 min/80/speed 2
Set garlic butter aside.
Do not wash bowl, ad water to the bowl, insert simmering basket with potatoes.
Wet some baking paper scrunch it up and line the varoma dish with it, place the chicken on top and set in place.
Cook, 25 min/varoma/ slow speed
Check chicken half way through and flip for even cooking.
Once cooked, remove varoma and set chicken aside.
Remove the potatoes and basket, discard of water.
Attach the butterfly whisk and add potatoes, garlic butter, milk, sour cream and salt.
Mash 10 sec/speed 4.
Serve the chicken on a bed of mash, topped with sliced avocado and a side of Hollendaise sauce.
Prepare the marinade 2-3 hours earlier
Hollendaise sauce (Optional)
Mash potato & varoma chicken
If you are able to get a hold of lemon myrtle leaves, use these in place of the lemongrass.
An extra side of gravy goes down a treat with the hollandaise sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Horseradish cream Taela-Made
- Colcannon (Irish Mash Potato) Taela-Made
- Bearnaise Sauce Taela-Made
- Corn Fritters Taela-Made
- Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding Taela-Made
- Onion Rings Taela-Made
- Bacon & Chive Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Taela-Made
- Creamy Garlic Prawn & Zucchini linguine Taela-Made
- Cheesy Baked Katsu Japanese Curry Taela-Made
- Pizza bread rolls Taela-Made
- Mushy Peas Taela-Made
- Chile Con Queso Dip Taela-Made
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Streusal Berry Muffins
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls