- 1 brown onion - halved
- 500 g pork mince, Or Turkey Mince
- 50 g bread crumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- salt & pepper
- Oil of choice for browning the meatballs
- Flat leaf Parsley, fresh, for serving
- 1 brown onion - halved
- 50 g Butter
- 40 g plain flour
- 600 g chicken stock liquid
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
1h 5minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop onion, 3 sec, speed 7. Scrape down and repeat as necessary for a fine chop.
Chop onion, 3 sec, speed 5. Scrape down and repeat. Weigh in your butter and cook 5 min, 120 (or Varoma for TM31), speed 1.
Weigh in Plain Flour and cook 2 min, 100, speed 1. Add in liquid stock (or stock concentrate and water to equivalent) and mix 10 seconds, speed 5. Then, cook 7 mins, 100 degrees, speed 2. (MEANWHILE... shape your meatballs and brown them in a saucepan - I use a heavy based pan and do it in batches )
While that's cooking, I make the 'No Fail Mashed Potato' from the recipie community and also steam some green beans in the varoma. Serve together with a some fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
This dish can be baked in a moderate oven (180) for 1.5 - 2 hours. You could also cook the meatballs in the varoma like many other popular meatball dishes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Raw Kebbe
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Creamy Carbonara Risotto with Hidden Veg
- Stewed Beef Brisket with tomato
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Scallion chicken
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Three cup duck tongue
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Nonna’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Jam and cream tea cakes
- Raspberry & Coconut Scones
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Dad's Pancakes
- Cinnamon crumble cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Variation Passionfruit Curd
- Cornflake & Pistachio Cookies
- Variation Date lime cake
- Fluffy American Pancakes
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"