- 125 g bacon, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp fresh thyme (leaves only)
- 500 g Beef mince
- 500 g pork mince
- 160 g breadcrumbs (made in TM)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Soft brown sugar
Preheat oven to 180c (350F).
Grease and line a loaf tin leaving a good overhang of paper.
1. Add bacon, onion, garlic and thyme. Mince speed 5, 3 secs. More depending on personal preference.
2. Add mince, breadcrumbs, egg, vinegar and brown sugar. Mix 1 minute or until just combined. Overmixing may cause your meatloaf to be dense when cooked.
3. Spoon into tin and press in gently. Flatten top.
4. Bake in oven for approx 1 hour 15 minutes or until cooked through. Test and cook for longer if needed.
5. Gently remove from tin using overhanging paper and slice.
6. Use juice in your gravy.
We serve this with mashed potato and mashed pumpkin, peas and corn. Spoon gravy over meatloaf.
Accessories you need
This recipe can be used to make mini-meatloaf "logs".
Combine ingredients in batches.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Easy Cheats Chicken and Vegetable Pie Filling
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- Japanese Katsu chicken curry
- Coconut and cashew chicken
- Thai beef salad
- Bec’s Variation Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Pizza pockets
- Leek Cumin lamb cutlet
- German savoury Meat loaf
- Lamb ribs with an apricot glaze