- 125 g bacon, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp fresh thyme (leaves only)
- 500 g Beef mince
- 500 g pork mince
- 160 g breadcrumbs (made in TM)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Soft brown sugar
Preheat oven to 180c (350F).
Grease and line a loaf tin leaving a good overhang of paper.
1. Add bacon, onion, garlic and thyme. Mince speed 5, 3 secs. More depending on personal preference.
2. Add mince, breadcrumbs, egg, vinegar and brown sugar. Mix 1 minute or until just combined. Overmixing may cause your meatloaf to be dense when cooked.
3. Spoon into tin and press in gently. Flatten top.
4. Bake in oven for approx 1 hour 15 minutes or until cooked through. Test and cook for longer if needed.
5. Gently remove from tin using overhanging paper and slice.
6. Use juice in your gravy.
We serve this with mashed potato and mashed pumpkin, peas and corn. Spoon gravy over meatloaf.
Accessories you need
This recipe can be used to make mini-meatloaf "logs".
Combine ingredients in batches.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- White Chocolate Berry Friands
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free