- 1000-1500 grams Pork Belly, blanched with boiling water *see tips* and cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon raw sugar, (or rapadura)
- 10 g sesame oil
- 3-5 clove garlic
- 2-3 spring onions, cut in 3rds
- 1 cm piece of ginger, (or 1 ts of chopped ginger)
- 3 tablespoon cornflour, (optional)
- 2 tablespoon chinese cooking wine
- 100 g (optional, use any wine you have and save some to drink whilst cooking)
Put ginger, garlic and spring onions in TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds, speed 6.
Scrape down and add sesame oil, cook for 3 minutes, varoma, speed soft .
While this is cooking I get a small bowl and add the soy sauces, sugar, chinese cooking wine ready for the next step
Add sauces and diced pork and cook on varoma temp for 15 minutes, reverse , speed soft
After the 15 minutes cooking time add 100g (or 1 MC full) of wine and cornflour if you would like a thick sauce at the end. If you don't add the cornflour you will have a runnier sauce which is quite nice with rice anyhow.
Cook for a further 30 minutes, 100c, reverse , speed soft
Remove and place in Thermoserver to keep warm if you wish to steam some rice and vegetables to go with it.
If I am steaming rice afterwards, I don't wash the bowl...I simply add the 1000g of water to the bowl to incorporate the flavour of the pork and sauce into the cooking water.
Saucy Pork Belly
Accessories you need
(optional) To blanche the meat first:
Put pork belly into large part of varoma dish and pour a kettle of boiling water over it. Pat dry and cut into 2-3cm cubes/
This recipe is not intended to have a crispy skin! If using the rind bothers you, you could remove it, although this may alter the cooking time and tenderness of the meat.
Serve with steamed rice and vegetables. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Spreadable Butter
- Orange & Apple Cous Cous
- Orange Salt & Pepper Rub
- Orange & Poppyseed Glazed Varoma Chicken
- My Husband's Bachelor 'Baked' Beans
- "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Varoma Teriyaki Style Fish & Udon Noodles with steamed veggies
- Mocha custard
- Purple Carrot & Date Muffins
- Cherry Ripe Soft Serve
- Lemony Lemon Brownies
- Marbled Orange Cream & Brazil Nut Brownies
- Rosemary & Garlic Broccoli Bread
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- My Grandma`s Cheese Cake
- Genovese pasta
- Soph’s Pasta Sauce