- 600 grams mince, half beef , half pork works well
- 1 large onion, peeled & halved
- 1 carrot roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1 tablespoon stock paste (EDC), Any flavour will do
- 1 tablespoon Gravy powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 100 grams tomato paste
- 120 grams red wine
- frozen peas & corn
- 5-6 potatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon stock paste (EDC)
- 1 litre Boiling water
- dash Milk
- 30 grams Butter or Margarine
- salt and peper to taste
- Grated cheese to top
1h 40minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Place onion, garlic and carrot in TM bowl and chop 5secs/speed 5. Scrape down bowl.
Add oil and and saute 2mins/100 degrees/speed 1
Add stock paste, gravy powder, tomato paste, sauces and wine to TM bowl. Place mince in TM basket and stir to combine/break up. Place basket in TM bowl. Cook 20mins/100 degrees /speed 3. Stop TM at 10 minute mark and stir mince carefully with spatula to ensure it cooks evenly.
Tip mince carefully into TM bowl, stir in frozen peas & corn. Combine for 1-2 mins/100 degrees//speed 2. Place meat filling into casserole dish and rinse TM bowl and basket well in preparation for potato topping. (alternately make potato topping first)
Add boiling water and stock paste to TM bowl. Place chopped potatoes in TM basket and insert into TM bowl. Cook 25-30 mins/varoma/speed 3 (until soft)
Tip out water, insert butterfly and tip cooked potatoes into TM bowl. Add milk, butter and salt and pepper if desired. Mash 30 secs/speed 3 to 4.
Top reserved meat filling with potato topping and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in moderate oven for approx 10-30 minutes until hot and the cheese melts and bubbles. Place under grill for a few minutes to further brown cheese if desired.
Accessories you need
any vegetables can be added to the meat mix, with harder vegetables steamed in the varoma whilst potato is cooking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parmesan Breaded Chicken
- Decadent caramel apple pie
- Speckled Egg Easter Biscuits
- Pistachio Chilli Prawns
- Chicken Strudel
- Beef & Guinness Pie filling or Stew
- Chocolate M&M Fudge biscuits
- CHOCOLATE STICKY DATE PUDDING
- Best Ever Shepherds Pie
- KFC Style Coleslaw
- Easy Satay Beef Stir Fry
- Cauliflower, Bacon & Parmesan Quiche
- Apricot Balls/Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Custard with Protein Powder
- Sweet curried prawns
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Banoffee Pie
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments