- 1 slice of stale or frozen bread, break into 3-4 cm pieces
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, chopped into 1-2 cm cubes
- 1.2 litres water
- 250 g macaroni
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 onions, halved
- 20 g olive oil
- 750 g Beef mince
- 100 g white wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100 g tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 80 g Parmesan cheese, chopped into 1-2 cm cubes
- 90 g Butter, 1-2 cm cubes
- 80 g plain flour
- 800 g Milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1. Chop bread 15 sec / speed 6 to make breadcrumbs, remove and set aside.
- 2. Chop all parmesan cheese (140g) 10 sec / speed 9 remove and set aside into a separate bowl.
- 3. Boil 1.2L of water (in Thermomix or kettle).
- 4. Wash and dry bowl.
- 5. Add macaroni and cook for 8 min / 100 deg / / . MC off.
- 6. Drain pasta in the basket and put back into the bowl.
- 7. Add eggs and weigh in 60g of the reserved grated parmesan combine 5 sec / / speed 3.
- 8. Pour into a 2.5 L – 3.0 L (10 C -12 C) greased oven proof dish, spread out evenly.
- 9. Make meat sauce without cleaning the bowl.
- 10. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C, fan forced.
- 11. Make topping.
- 12. Top pasta evenly with meat sauce.
- 13. Pour over the topping, smooth the surface then sprinkle with reserved breadcrumbs.
- 14. Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until lightly browned.
- 15. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1. Add onion, chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- 2. Add olive oil, sauté 5 min/ Varoma / speed 2. MC off.
- 3. Add mince, cook 8 min / Varoma / / . MC off.
- 4. Add wine, cook 5 min/ Varoma / / . MC off (check meat is incorporated, stir if need).
- 5. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and cinnamon, cook 20 min / 100 deg / / . MC off, basket on.
- 6. Pour into a bowl to cool for 10 mins.
- 7. Stir in the egg.
- 1. In a clean bowl add butter, flour, milk, cook for 12 min/90 deg/speed 3.
- 2. Add reserved parmesan, mix 5 sec speed 3.
- 3. Pour into a bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- 4. Stir in egg yolks.
Suitable for freezing, can be made a day ahead, keep covered in the fridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Creamy Chicken Canelloni
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Easy Beef Burgers
- Lamb Kofta Rissoles Burgers
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Corned meat (beef) and vegetable fritters
- LCHF lamb mousakka
- Chilli Con Carne
- Quick chicken curry
- Chicken and corn fritters