- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1.5 tablespoons black peppercorns, whole
- 1.5 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 350 grams plain flour
- 2 chicken breasts, diced into small pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten in a bowl
- oil, for frying
Place all spices and herbs into tmx. Blitz on speed 10 for 30 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat. You are wanting a fine grind. Add flour and blitz on speed 10 for 20 seconds. Have a taste of your flour. You can tweak the quantities used to suit your tastes. Add additional flavour of needed and blitz again on speed 10 for 30 seconds to ensure its well combined. If you feel the flavours are too intense you can add more flour. Pour 1/3 of the flour onto a plate. Coat chicken pieces in egg and then flour. I then put them in egg and then flour again. This gives it a real crispy coating. Double coating is the key. Place oil into pan on a medium heat. You need enough oil to shallow fry your pieces.
Fry about 10 little pieces at a time. Don't overload the pan. Cook until white and cooked through. The time will vary on the size of your pieces but it was about 3 mins each side. Just watch them.Drain on paper towel.
If you cant have eggs in your house buttermilk is a great substitute.
Rice flour can be used in place of plain flour. Results will differ slightly.
The coating is enough for three meals. Trust me, you want this coating in your pantry so stick to the full recipe and store the excess in an airtight container.
More variations are on my fb page and blog:
(Originally posted on my fb page 8.1.2014)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Maple Beef
- Double cooked Pork Ribs
- Lemon, garlic and chicken rissoto