- 1 brown onion, Peeled &amp; halved
- 2 clove garlic, Peeled
- 1 zucchini, Roughly Chopped
- 1 carrot, Roughly Chopped
- 500 gram Beef mince
- fresh mint, To taste
- fresh parsley, To taste
- salt & pepper, To taste
- 20 grams Bbq sauce
- 1 dash worchester sauce
- 1 egg
- 100 gram Uncooked rice
- 750 gram tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon Veg Stock Paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 300 grams water
Place onion, garlic, zucchini, carrot and herbs in TM bowl, mix 5-10 secs sp 7 or until desired consistency (I like it quite fine). Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add remaining meatball ingredients and mix reverse / sp 5 until all combined
Roll 1 teaspoon of meatball mixture into small balls and place on varoma trays, one layer per tray.
Empty tomato passata into TM bowl, water (fill passata jar with water and shake to get remaining out of the bottle), vegetable stock and sugar. Mix sp 4 for 4 secs.
Place varoma on top and cook for 1 hour, varoma temp, speed 3. Check tomato sauce after 30 minutes and top up with water if it’s reduced to much. Aim to finish with 500mls sauce.
Place cooked porcupines in thermoserver and pour over tomato sauce.
Serve with a fresh green salad.
If the meatballs are cooked before the recommended 60 mins, remove them and keep warm in a Thermoserver. However the beauty of steaming is they will stay moist due to the steam cooking method. You may need to continue cooking the sauce to reduce it to a thicker consistency.
I use small zucchinis and carrots, if thery are large you may need to squeeze out some of their liquid as this will cause wet/sloppy meatballs. If you think the mixture is to wet, add some breadcrumbs or extra rice to saok up some of the moisture.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani