- 1 brown onion, Peeled &amp; halved
- 2 clove garlic, Peeled
- 1 zucchini, Roughly Chopped
- 1 carrot, Roughly Chopped
- 500 gram Beef mince
- fresh mint, To taste
- fresh parsley, To taste
- salt & pepper, To taste
- 20 grams Bbq sauce
- 1 dash worchester sauce
- 1 egg
- 100 gram Uncooked rice
- 750 gram tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon Veg Stock Paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 300 grams water
Place onion, garlic, zucchini, carrot and herbs in TM bowl, mix 5-10 secs sp 7 or until desired consistency (I like it quite fine). Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add remaining meatball ingredients and mix reverse / sp 5 until all combined
Roll 1 teaspoon of meatball mixture into small balls and place on varoma trays, one layer per tray.
Empty tomato passata into TM bowl, water (fill passata jar with water and shake to get remaining out of the bottle), vegetable stock and sugar. Mix sp 4 for 4 secs.
Place varoma on top and cook for 1 hour, varoma temp, speed 3. Check tomato sauce after 30 minutes and top up with water if it’s reduced to much. Aim to finish with 500mls sauce.
Place cooked porcupines in thermoserver and pour over tomato sauce.
Serve with a fresh green salad.
If the meatballs are cooked before the recommended 60 mins, remove them and keep warm in a Thermoserver. However the beauty of steaming is they will stay moist due to the steam cooking method. You may need to continue cooking the sauce to reduce it to a thicker consistency.
I use small zucchinis and carrots, if thery are large you may need to squeeze out some of their liquid as this will cause wet/sloppy meatballs. If you think the mixture is to wet, add some breadcrumbs or extra rice to saok up some of the moisture.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- White Chocolate Berry Friands
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry