- 1 slices bread, torn into pieces (see Variations)
- 250 g Cashews
- 510 g water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 1-2 fresh long chillies (optional)
- 200 g bacon, cut into pieces (1 cm)
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 1 tbsp paprika, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 750 g potato, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 350 g fresh mushrooms, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Set aside a ceramic baking dish (23 x 31 cm).
- Place bread into mixing bowl and mill 5 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside.
- Place cashews and water into mixing bowl and blend 2 min/speed 10 or until smooth and creamy. Transfer into a seperate bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place oil, onion, garlic, capsicum and chillies (optional) into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Add bacon and cook 5 min/100°C//speed 2.
- Add stock paste, paprika, salt, pepper, spring onions/shallots and reserved cashew paste and combine 30 sec//speed 2.
- Cover base of baking dish with half of the potatoes. Cover with half of the mushrooms, then cover with half the cashew mixture. Top with remaining potatoes and mushrooms and finish with remaining cashew mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and paprika, cover with aluminium foil and bake for 45 minutes (190°C). Remove foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes (190°C), until potatoes are tender. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook or Everyday Cookbook for the Vegetable stock paste.
Vegan potato bake: simply omit bacon and proceed as per recipe.
Gluten free potato bake: replace bread with gluten free bread, or omit bread (and step 2) and proceed as per recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- Steamed chicken quinoa vegetable soup
- Butter Chicken with steamed vegetables
- Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken (keto friendly)
- Kristy’s chicken parmy sauce
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤