- 1 slices bread, torn into pieces (see Variations)
- 250 g Cashews
- 510 g water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 1-2 fresh long chillies (optional)
- 200 g bacon, cut into pieces (1 cm)
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 1 tbsp paprika, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 750 g potato, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 350 g fresh mushrooms, cut into thin slices
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Set aside a ceramic baking dish (23 x 31 cm).
- Place bread into mixing bowl and mill 5 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside.
- Place cashews and water into mixing bowl and blend 2 min/speed 10 or until smooth and creamy. Transfer into a seperate bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place oil, onion, garlic, capsicum and chillies (optional) into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Add bacon and cook 5 min/100°C//speed 2.
- Add stock paste, paprika, salt, pepper, spring onions/shallots and reserved cashew paste and combine 30 sec//speed 2.
- Cover base of baking dish with half of the potatoes. Cover with half of the mushrooms, then cover with half the cashew mixture. Top with remaining potatoes and mushrooms and finish with remaining cashew mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and paprika, cover with aluminium foil and bake for 45 minutes (190°C). Remove foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes (190°C), until potatoes are tender. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook or Everyday Cookbook for the Vegetable stock paste.
Vegan potato bake: simply omit bacon and proceed as per recipe.
Gluten free potato bake: replace bread with gluten free bread, or omit bread (and step 2) and proceed as per recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Monday Night (Beef or Lamb) Curry
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Mint lemonade
- Gingerbread house (gluten-free)
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse