- 60 g laksa paste, (I use linghams)
- 400g can coconut milk
- 800 g chicken stock
- 1 tbsp kaffir lime leaves jar, (or 2 fresh)
- 200 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 250 g Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 400 raw green prawns, (I prefer tails on)
- dash fish sauce
- lime wedges
- coriander leaves, chopped
- fresh bean sprouts
- sambal oelek, (optional)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- fresh red chilli, sliced thinly
Place laksa paste and a spoonful of the coconut milk into the TM bowl and cook 2 min, 90 degrees, speed 2.
(If you are cooking this for children as well, set the majority of the paste aside, to then be put back in after you have made your children's serves.)
Add remaining coconut milk and chicken stock and heat 10 mins, 90 degress, speed 1.
Add kaffir lime leaves (if using), broccoli and vermicelli noodles and cook 3 mins 90 degrees, speed 1.
Add prawns and cook for a further 2 min, 90 degrees, speed 1 or until the prawns are cooked to your liking.
Transfer ingredients evenly into to bowls and serve with the fresh "to serve" ingredients. These are a very important part of the dish, adjust serves to your liking!
For those with specific dietry requirements (ie gluten free / dairy free) check the ingredients on the jar of the laksa paste you use to ensure it suits your needs. You can always make your own if necessary.
I based this on the laksa from the book something for everyone by louise fulton keats but made so many alterations that I decided to record the changes for my own use.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Foodie Mumma Ren’s Butter Chicken
- Kangaroo Rendang Curry
- Ginger Beef Stir Fry
- Easy-peasy Chicken enchiladas
- Dairy Free Chicken Stroganoff
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Fully Loaded Risotto
- Broccoli, Zucchini & Leek Soup
- Stir fried broccoli
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- Quick Noodles
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Broccoli Puree (6 months +)
- Low carb cauliflower cheese bake
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Crunchy salad