- 60 g laksa paste, (I use linghams)
- 400g can coconut milk
- 800 g chicken stock
- 1 tbsp kaffir lime leaves jar, (or 2 fresh)
- 200 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 250 g Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 400 raw green prawns, (I prefer tails on)
- dash fish sauce
- lime wedges
- coriander leaves, chopped
- fresh bean sprouts
- sambal oelek, (optional)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- fresh red chilli, sliced thinly
- Place laksa paste and a spoonful of the coconut milk into the TM bowl and cook 2 min, 90 degrees, speed 2.
(If you are cooking this for children as well, set the majority of the paste aside, to then be put back in after you have made your children's serves.)
Add remaining coconut milk and chicken stock and heat 10 mins, 90 degress, speed 1.
Add kaffir lime leaves (if using), broccoli and vermicelli noodles and cook 3 mins 90 degrees, "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.
Add prawns and cook for a further 2 min, 90 degrees, "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1 or until the prawns are cooked to your liking.
Transfer ingredients evenly into to bowls and serve with the fresh "to serve" ingredients. These are a very important part of the dish, adjust serves to your liking!
Accessories you need
For those with specific dietry requirements (ie gluten free / dairy free) check the ingredients on the jar of the laksa paste you use to ensure it suits your needs. You can always make your own if necessary.
I based this on the laksa from the book something for everyone by louise fulton keats but made so many alterations that I decided to record the changes for my own use.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs Gluten Free Dairy Free
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- All Green Stock Powder
- All-in-one fried Rice
- Satay Chicken
- Creamy Bacon and Veggie Pies
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Pumpkin, Broccoli and Ricotta Pasta Bake
- Broccoli and Cranberry Salad
- Baby's chicken, vegetables and rice all in one (6 months)
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Impossible quiche
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin