- 4 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 star anise
- 8 teaspoons chilli flakes, dried
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 6 candlenuts
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger, approx 2cm, peeled
- 1 thumb turmeric root, fresh and peeled ( or 1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder)
- 4 tsp tamarind puree
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 40 grams Sunflower or Olive oil
Recipe is created for
Place coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, star anise, chillies, peppercorns, cinnamon stick, cloves and candlenuts into TM bowl and heat at Varoma temp for 8 mins on speed 1.
Grind spices for 1 minute at speed 9.
Add onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric, tamarind puree, shrimp paste and oil into TM bowl and puree for a minute at speed 4. scrape down and if required puree further at speed 4 for further 30 secs.
Paste can be stored for several weeks in refridgerator in an airtight container. Best to cover curry pastes will a layer of oil as this will help retain colour and prevent oxidisation. Paste may also be frozen.
Recipe makes around 300gms of curry paste. Enough for 6 curries - can easily be halved or doubled.
Nonya Curry paste
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)