THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 80-100 g olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 25 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, (approx. 2 bunches)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1000 g water
- 800 g boneless lamb shoulder, butterflied
- 1-2 tsp salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1-2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch dried ground coriander
- 400 g turnip, peeled and cut into pieces (3 cm) or cauliflower, cut into florets
- 150 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 50 g full cream milk
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (optional)
- salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place olive oil, lemon zest, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper into mixing bowl and chop 30 sec/speed 9.
2. Transfer gremolata into a bowl and set aside.
3. Without cleaning mixing bowl, place water into mixing bowl. Cut lamb into 3 even portions and season with salt and pepper. Insert Varoma dish and tray, weigh lamb onto tray, skin side down and ensuring pieces do not overlap, then steam 75 min/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large roasting dish with aluminium foil and set aside.
5. Carefully remove Varoma tray and add spinach to Varoma dish. Steam 3-4 min/Varoma/speed 1, until spinach is wilted. Transfer spinach to a thermal serving bowl or other large bowl, sprinkle with salt and cover to keep warm.
6. Transfer lamb to lined roasting dish, skin side up, and season with thyme, cumin and ground coriander.
7. Roast lamb for 15 minutes (200°C), or until browned to your liking. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
8. Transfer lamb stock (steaming liquid) in mixing bowl into a sealable container (see Tips). Clean and dry mixing bowl.
9. To make purée while lamb is roasting, place turnip or cauliflower into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
10. Add cream, milk, vanilla seeds (optional) and salt and cook 20 min/100°C/speed 2. Blend 1 min/speed 1-10, gradually increasing speed from speed 1 to speed 10.
11. Spoon purée onto serving plates, spreading into a circular pool using the back of the spoon. Divide spinach between plates and place in the middle of the purée. Slice lamb and place on top of the spinach, then spoon gremolata over the lamb just before serving.
Turnip and vanilla purée
Accessories you need
After cooking lamb, you will have approx. 500 g lamb stock left in the mixing bowl. Skim off the excess fat from the top, then store stock in a sealable container in the refrigerator. Use the stock to add flavour to soups, stews and hearty mains.
TM31 users - In Step 6, steam lamb 60 min/Varoma/speed 1, then steam for a further 15 min/Varoma/speed 1. In step 8, steam 2-3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Watch Ben prepare this recipe at our YouTube channel. Visit the following link to view the video: //bit.ly/1LTTNMy
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce
- Nana's Chicken and Spaghetti
- Hidden Veg Rissoles
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken
- Maple Syrup Orange Silver Side