- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Corriander Seeds
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 fresh red chilli, with or without seeds depending how spicy you want it
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 onions
- 2 level tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 750 grams beef casserole steak, cubed
- 50 grams olive oil
- 400 grams tomatoes,chopped
- 400 grams tin of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 100 grams tomato paste
- 150 grams cheddar cheese, cubed
- 150 grams Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
8Recipe is created for
Grate Parmesan and Cheddar cheeses for 9 seconds on Speed 9. Put aside. Rinse and dry TM bowl.
Place cumin, coriander, cinnamon stick, paprika and turmeric into TM bowl and dry roast for 3 mins | Varoma | Speed 1. Leave for on 1 or 2 minutes to cool slightly. Mill for 1 minute on Speed 9.
Add garlic, chilli, onion, EVOO and salt and chop 4 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl and saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add remaining ingredients other than kidney beans and garnishes and cook 45 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed 1.
Add kidney beans and cook 2 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed 1.
Serve with steamed rice, and accompaniments as listed.
You may need to add time depending on the cut of beef you use. The cheaper cuts need longer to cook to break down the sinew, so if after the time is up, the beef is tough, add 15 minutes cooking time and retest. Continue until the beef literally falls apart with a fork.
Serve with Thermie Green Avocado Dip, steamed rice, tomato, lettuce, fresh coriander leaves, grated cheese and Tabasco sauce.
SLOW COOKED BEEF CHILLI
If you're in a hurry, use a cheaper cut of meat and cook for an extra 15 minutes or until the meat falls away from the fork.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Monday Night (Beef or Lamb) Curry
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Indulgent Cream Cheese Brownies
- Charlie's Vanilla Bean Paste
- Charlie's Spicy Prawn & Pumpkin Soup
- Vanilla Bean Custard- Arwen's version
- Mayonnaise Free Coleslaw - Arwen's version
- Arwen's Heavenly Hummus
- Arwen's Fresh Fruit Sorbet
- Pizza Bianca with Rosemary & Garlic
- Rosey & Arwen's Spanish Surprise Breakfast Muffins
- Buckwheat Dinner Rolls - Arwen's tweaked version
- Charlie's Creme Caramel
- Erica & Arwen's Apricot & Hazelnut Hot Cross Buns
- Spiced Oat Muffins
- Keto Fathead Rolls
- Breadcrumbs for Fish
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Parsley, Rocket & Pistachio Pesto
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Luxurious Oatmeal Milk Bath