- 1/2 --- onion
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 can peeled tomatoes, whole or chopped
- 200 g Refried beans
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 red capsicum
- heaped tbsp tomato paste
- to taste Salt & P
- dash tobasco sauce, optional
- 15 Taco Shells/Tortillas
- 100 g mozarella or cheddar, grated
- avocado hommus, made from RC
- 4 leaves cos lettuce, sliced
- sour cream or Greek yogurt, optional
- 500 g shredded chicken, cooked
8Recipe is created for
Place onion in bowl and chop for 2 seconds, speed 7.
Scrape down sides and add oil. Saute for 2 mins, varoma temp, speed 1.
Add remainder of ingredients and chop for 5 seconds on speed 4/5, depending on desired texture. If using chopped tomatoes, add diced capsicum and no need to chop.
Cook for 15 to 20mins, 100 degrees, speed 1. Remove MC and place simmering basket on top to avoid splatter and thicken your sauce.
Fill shells with desired filling. Shredded chicken, 1tbsp salsa, cheese, lettuce and avocado hommus or yogurt/sour cream. Enjoy!
I used a ready BBQ chicken or you can cook your own. Alternatively you may like to substitute chicken for mince or shredded pork.
Taco Seasoning can be found on RC //www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/mexican-seasoning-or-taconacho-mix/40222
Avocado hommus can be found here //www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/avocado-hommus/124902
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Home made Baileys
- Spanakopita (Greek Spinach pie)
- Greek Cabbage Salad
- Thia Lili's Koulourakia (Greek Easter Biscuits)
- Goji and Coconut Raw Chocolate
- Avocado hommus
- Tsourekia (Greek Easter Bread)
- Semolina Custard
- Keftethes (Greek Meatballs)
- Greek Easter Chocolate Souffle
- Galaktobouriko (Greek Vanilla Slice)
- Rizogalo (Greek Rice Pudding)
- Curried tuna
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- Quick Beetroot Relish
- Spicy Plum and Date Chutney
- Maria's Meat Balls
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Japanese Katsu chicken curry
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Pumpkin pasta sauce
- Coconut and cashew chicken
- Variation Tomato Relish