- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp Ground Coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1½ tsp ground white pepper
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 750 g boneless lamb shoulder, cut into pieces
- ½ red onion, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 2 brown onions, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 800 g Canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp meat stock paste
- 100 g water
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 400 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds, for garnishing
- fresh coriander, leaves only, for garnishing
- 70 g Greek yoghurt, to serve
2h 30minPreparation 2h 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
if using seeds, mill first then add to other powdered spices.
Place all Moroccan spice mix ingredients into mixing bowl and dry roast 8 min/Varoma/speed 1. Transfer into a large bowl. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
- See tips for milder Morrocan spice mix variation.
Place bowl with Moroccan spice mix onto mixing bowl lid and weigh lamb into it. Stir to evenly coat lamb pieces in spice mix. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for a minimum of 20 minutes.
Place red onion and coriander into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Transfer into a large bowl. Add orange segments to bowl with onion mixture and set aside.
- Place brown onion, garlic and oil into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and sauté 2 min/Varoma//speed 2.
Add marinated lamb and cook 5 min/Varoma//speed 1.
- Add tomatoes, stock paste, water and parsley and cook 55 min/90°C//speed , placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
Add cauliflower to bowl with MC and process 2-3 secs, reverse, speed 5. Continue till suitable consistency.
Line Varoma tray with a piece of wet, well-wrung baking paper, then spread cauliflower evenly over tray using spatula.
Add salt and pepper to mixing bowl, then place Varoma into position and cook 20 min/Varoma//speed 1.
Divide cauliflower mixture and stew between serving bowls, garnish with flaked almonds and coriander leaves, then serve with Greek yoghurt.
Moroccan spice mix
· Please refer to The Basic Cookbook or Everyday Cookbook for the Meat stock paste recipe. · For babies and children, we recommend using the milder variation (below) and omiting the stock paste, salt and pepper from the recipe. For babies, blend the stew and couscous, adding as much liquid as needed to achieve your desired consistency. For young children, simply chop stew to a consistency that can be easily eaten with a spoon.
Milder Moroccan lamb stew: this version is less spicy than the original, making it suitable for babies, children and those who prefer a milder flavour. For babies and young children, we suggest omitting the stock paste, salt and pepper. Mild Moroccan spice mix · 2 tsp ground ginger · 2 tsp ground coriander · 1 tsp ground cumin · ½ tsp paprika · 1½ tsp ground cinnamon · 1½ tsp ground turmeric · ½ tsp ground white pepper · ½ tsp ground nutmeg Place all spice mix ingredients into mixing bowl and dry roast 8 min/Varoma/speed 1. Transfer into a large bowl and set aside. Proceed as per recipe.
This recipe can also be made in the TM31
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Cheats kousa