- 1300 grams beef stock
- 400 grams Rump Steak (Semi Frozen), slice very thin. All visible fat removed
- 2 cm ginger knob, sliced thick
- 1 onion, thick sliced
- 3 star anise
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 375 grams flat rice noodles
- 50 grams fish sauce
- 1 handfull bean sprouts
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup basil
- 1/3 cup Mint Leaves
- 1/3 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 lime
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place basil, mint & coriander into TM bowl. Chop 2 secs., sp.6. set aside.
Pour stock, sugar, fish sauce & 400 mls water into Tm Bowl.Place ginger, onion and garlic intoTm bowl
Place star anise & cinnamon into the rice basket. Place into the TM bowl.
Cook for 20 mins, 100 degrees, sp.3.
While stock is cooking, prepare noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain well (Varoma bowl is good for this ! )
Divide noodles among warmed bowls, then top with the very thinly sliced beef. (yes it is still raw - the hot stock will cook it)
Using the spatula, remove the rice basket. (The spices are now discarded).
Pour the hot stock into the bowls over the beef and noodles.
Rinse beans shoots, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of caster sugar on top.
Top with the bean sprouts and remaining basil.
Serve garnished with generous amounts of the chopped herbs, a little chilli and a wedge of lime.
Sliced snow peas are a great addition to this Pho dish. As is shredded Bok Choy to add some extra bulk. * I have converted this recipe from a favourite on taste.com "Quick Beef Pho"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Pot set yoghurt
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins