- 2 Large Lamb Shanks
- 2 sprig rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 stalk Celery, Cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, Cut into chunks
- 0.5 onion, Halved
- 2 clove garlic
- 15 gram olive oil
- 0.5 tablespoon TM Vegetable stock paste
- 500 gram water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 50 gram red wine
- 0.5 tablespoon raw sugar
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 25 g cornflour
2h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Arrange shanks into Varoma dish, you will not need the tray.
- Place Rosemary over the top of shanks, season with salt and pepper and put Varoma lid on and set aside.
- Place celery, carrot, onion and garlic into bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
- Scrape sides down, add oil and saute 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
- Add stock paste, water, tomatoes, red wine, sugar and pepper to bowl. Place lid on, then Varoma into position. Cook 90 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
- Turn lamb shanks over to ensure even cooking. For small shanks, cook for 30 mins/Varoma/Speed 2 OR for larger shanks 60 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
- Once desired cooking time is up, remove Varoma and place over a Thermoserver to keep warm or place onto plates to begin cooling down a little. Place cornflour in bowl and cook a further 5 minutes/90 degrees/speed 4.
- Serve shanks with mashed potatoes (you can do this prior to shanks then keep hot in a Thermoserver whilst cooking shanks), steamed veges (you may be able to fit these in whilst cooking shanks) and drizzle with sauce.
You can drizzle some sauce over the shanks throughout the cooking process if you like.
The left over sauce could easily be eaten as a soup, either as is or with some left over meat shredded into it. To shread ANY steamed meat, chop into chunks and shred 3-5 seconds//speed 4
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Green wellness juice
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang