THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 6 heaped tablespoons rice, raw
- 250 grams Pork
- 1000 grams Beef
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1 level teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 heaped teaspoon parsley, fresh
- 2 heaped tablespoons spearmint, fresh
- 1 heaped tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 juice of lemon
- 2 eggs
- 2 level tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 level teaspoon salt
- 1/2 level teaspoon white pepper
- 1000 grams stock or water, [4 cups]
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 potato, large
- 1 garlic clove
Pre-prepare the egg and lemon sauce. Insert the butterfly attachment, and place two eggs in the TM bowl. Beat for 2 minutes / speed 4. Remove the MC. Add the lemon juice in a slow, steady stream through the MC hole, while beating speed 4until incorporated. Set aside, covered, in a bowl in the refrigerator until the soup is cooked and you are up to the stage of making the egg and lemon mixture.
If you are mincing the meat yourself: Cut the meat into 2cm pieces and place in to TM bowl. Mix 10 secs / speed 6-7. Scrape down side with the spatula. Mix again for one second at speed 6-7. Set aside.
Cut the onion in half & place in the TM bowl with the garlic, parsley, mint, oregano, and salt and pepper. Chop for 8 seconds / speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
Add the egg and mix 15 seconds / speed 4.
Add the meat and rice to the TM bowl & mix 15 seconds / / speed 4. Place in a bowl & form into tablespoons sized balls in the steaming basket.
Place the celery, carrot, garlic, onion, zucchini, and potato in the TM bowl. Chop for 8 seconds / speed 5 or until the size you would like.
Put the stock &/or water in the TM bowl & introduce the steaming basket with the meat balls. Cook 35 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
At the end of the cooking time, remove the steaming basket with the meatballs, and reserve, keeping warm.
Take the reserved beaten eggs and lemon, and whisk again to a froth. Add the corn starch, and salt & pepper and whisk until combined.
- Mixing at speed 10 slowly with the MC off, slowly pour the egg/stock mixture in a steady stream into the soup in the TM bowl through the MC hole. Place the MC back in position, then cook 4 minutes / 100C / / speed 3, being careful not to let it boil, or until thickened. From//www.food.com/recipe/youvarlakia-avgolemono-greek-meatball-egg-lemon-soup-59197
Cooking the soup
Make the Egg and Lemon Mixture
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Chicken
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Coffee Scrolls À la Anniembee
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies