- 150 g orange juice
- 150 g honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add all glaze ingredients into Thermomix bowl.
- Place thermomix basket on lid (MC off) and cook 20 minutes, 100C, speed 3.5. This will thicken the glaze making it stick to the ham beautifully. YUM!
- Prepare the ham as per instructions on the ham. This glaze will work perfectly on a large ham, approx 5kg, however adjust amount of glaze used according to the size of your ham and to your preferred taste.
- This is how I like to do it: Starting from the bone end, run your fingers between the skin & the fat to remove the skin leaving the fat on the ham. I like to use a knife to gently score diagonal lines in the fat to make a diamond pattern. At this stage some people like to stud each diamond with whole cloves which makes for brilliant presentation and adds to the flavour however being time poor with little kids at my feet I hate to admit I usually skip this step (and the ham is still YUM!).
Use a basting brush (or spoon) cover the ham with approx. 1/3 of the glaze. Bake at 160C for 1 - 1.5hrs, basting the ham with the remaining glaze a couple of times during cooking.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- Sesame bars Cookidoo - translated from Italian
- Satay noodle salad
- Cacao turmeric latte
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- Sweet Curry Granola Bar
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)