- 150 g orange juice
- 150 g honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add all glaze ingredients into Thermomix bowl.
- Place thermomix basket on lid (MC off) and cook 20 minutes, 100C, speed 3.5. This will thicken the glaze making it stick to the ham beautifully. YUM!
- Prepare the ham as per instructions on the ham. This glaze will work perfectly on a large ham, approx 5kg, however adjust amount of glaze used according to the size of your ham and to your preferred taste.
- This is how I like to do it: Starting from the bone end, run your fingers between the skin & the fat to remove the skin leaving the fat on the ham. I like to use a knife to gently score diagonal lines in the fat to make a diamond pattern. At this stage some people like to stud each diamond with whole cloves which makes for brilliant presentation and adds to the flavour however being time poor with little kids at my feet I hate to admit I usually skip this step (and the ham is still YUM!).
Use a basting brush (or spoon) cover the ham with approx. 1/3 of the glaze. Bake at 160C for 1 - 1.5hrs, basting the ham with the remaining glaze a couple of times during cooking.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Nana’s Beer Bread
- Honey and Pumpkin Bread
- Cashew Chia Breakie Cookies
- Variation Muesli Balls
- Shady Grady Cheesecake
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)
- Tomato Sauce
- Healthy Easy Biscuits (gluton free)
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Honey cheese bread
- Honey-soy chicken wings