- 200 g white quinoa, (rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Half teaspoon salt
- 700 g water
- 400 g tinned chickpeas
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 red capsicum, (quartered and de-seeded)
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 scoops mixed greens/baby spinach, (handfuls - loose)
- 1 avocado, (halved)
- sesame seeds
50minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking 20min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place rinsed quinoa into a bowl with water and let stand for 15-30 minutes. Drain. Then place 700g water in TM bowl, and place quinoa into simmering basket in bowl. With MC in place, cook for 20 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
- While quinoa is cooking, in a Separate Bowl place drained and rinsed chickpeas, olive oil, salt, chilli, smoked paprika, tumeric and oregano. Mix until the chickpeas are coated by the oil and spices.
- Place onto a baking tray (covered with baking paper) into preheated oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven to cool down a bit.
- Place all dressing ingredients into TM bowl and puree for 20 seconds at speed 8 (or until smooth/desired consistency).
- Assemble the Buddha Bowls by placing half of the quinoa, spicy chickpeas, avocado, mixed greens or baby spinach, avocado and brilliant red capsicum dressing into each bowl; and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Brilliant Red Capsicum Dressing
Recipe based on Buddha Bowl recipe from: https://wellandfull.com/2016/02/the-vegan-buddha-bowl.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy pumpkin and pea quinoa
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Italian Vegetable Risotto
- Nutty chickpea and sweet potato curry - kid friendly
- Red Lentil, Chickpea & Coriander Dahl (adapted from Woolworths Magazine)
- Silverbeet and Rice Bake
- Apple and Cinnamon Porridge
- FODMAP friendly Eggplant Curry
- Grain Free Vegetable Lasagne
- Warming Kitchari
- Dahl Curry
- Mushroom & Brown Lentil Bolognaise Sauce
- Variation Fruit and Almond Tart
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Choc Salted Caramel Slice
- Nat's perfect pumpkin soup
- PECAN PIE
- SALMON with LEEK SAUCE
- LEEK SAUCE
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Lemon Cordial Concentrate
- Using All About Breads mixes
- Chocolate Bean Cake with Coconut Butter Cream
- Vita Brit Slice