- 1 can lentils, drained
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch parsley, Small
- 1 heaped tablespoons coriander, fresh
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- to taste salt
- 1 onion
- 1 small piece ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 grams fresh breadcrumbs, See method herein
- olive oil spray, for frying
- 100 g bread
1. Firstly for the breadcrumbs:
Begin with bread that has been frozen. Chop into 3cm pieces and put into the mixing bowl.
Mill at 10 seconds on speed 6.
2. Then the herbs:
Chop the herbs - place parlsey in the bowl with the coriander and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
3. Where it all comes together:
In the empty mixing bowl - place the peeled onion, garlic and ginger and chop for 3 seconds on 7.
Saute by adding olive oil and the curry powder and varoma for 2 minutes.
Next, using your hands, make the mixture into patties and coat in the breadcrumbs. The mixture should be moist enough to pick up the breadcrumbs, and firm enough to hold shape. Place on a tray and put the tray into the fridge for at least an hour to 'set'.
4. Cook it up and serve
When you are ready to cook them. Spray a pan with the olive oil spray (or you can use regular oil) and carefully place the patties in the tray. Cook on both sides, only turning over once.
Patties can be made and stored in the fridge a day before you want to make them (up to the end of step 3). Fry when you are ready to serve.
You can adjust the proportion of herbs and use half a bunch of coriander with half a bunch of parsley for example.
Serve with sweet chilli sauce or tomato chutney.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry: