- 1 onion brown, peeled and cut in half
- 1 carrot, cut in 3-4 pieces
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1 tablespoon TM vege stock concentrate
- 600 grams kumara, peeled and chopped roughly
- 800 grams water
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped finely
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 1 tomato, diced
- 5 cm cucumber, diced
- 100 grams Edamame (shelled), steamed
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place carrot, onion, celery, garlic and dry spices into mixing bowl and chop 5-10 seconds/speed 7.
- Add oil and sauté Varoma/5min/speed 1.
- Place 100g shelled Edamame Beans in the Varoma and place on to of the mixing bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients 17 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- During this time chop & dice the garnish ingredients and place in a bowl.
- Allow to cool slightly, remove the varoma and then blend 20-30 seconds/speed 9, NB start at speed 5 and gradually increase to speed 9.
- Add the edamame beans to the bowl of garnish
- Place the soup in a Thermoserver until ready to serve up.
Instead of the OTT Garnish of salad:
steam Edamame Pods in the Varoma. They need approximately 20 minutes.
garnish with caramalised onions (preprepared)
Slices of avocado and a few chilli flakes (go lightly)
Your imagination is the limit. Think colour contrasts and have some fun with it.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Simple Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Satay Chicken
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Frenisian Slaw
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie