- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 cm ginger
- 1 --- tomato
- 1 onion
- 1/2 Birdseye Chilli
- corriander leaves, handful
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder, optional
- 1 tsp fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 pinch asafoedita powder
- 20 g oil
- 200 g cream, OR
- 200 g coconut cream
- 200 g black urid dhal
Soak the black urid dhal for at least 4 hours. Place in pressure cooker, bring to pressure for 3 mins and natural release. (or place in pan of water, bring to boil and simmer until cooked).
Place the Paste ingredients in the bowl and mix speed 4 / 1 min.
Add the oil and cook varoma / speed 2 / 4 mins.
Add the Dal ingredients and mix speed 2-3 / 20-30 secs.
Add cream/coconut cream and 200g water and cook 100degrees c / speed 2 / 10 mins.
Pour into thermoserve and stir through the cooked black urid dhal.
Season with salt, garam masala and lemon juice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower Mornay
- Souffle - Spinach
- Pantry Lentil Curry
- Butter Chickpeas by The Thermo Niche
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Churros Cake
- Tomato and Salmon Dip
- Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Healthy Nutty Sweet treat bliss balls
- My Everyday White Bread
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Apple Banana & Oat Muffin Bites
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly chocolate cake
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly dark chocolate ganache
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Nans cherry cheese strudel