- 200 red lentils
- 4 cm ginger fresh, cut into slices
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- 1 tbsp oil or ghee
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 2 green chillies halved lengthways, remove seeds if milder curry wanted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
Put the lentils and 750grams water into the tm bowl. Add turmeric and ginger, cook for 25minutes at 100 c on speed 2 .
When lentils are tender add 1/2 tsp salt and reserve into another bowl. Rinse out tm bowl
Put garlic clove and onion into tm bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5.
Add oil, and mustard seeds and saute at 100 c for 5 minutes.
Add cumin seeds, ground coriander and chillie and cook at 100c for 2 minutes
Add the cooked lentils back into the tm bowl, add 100 grams of water. Cook at 90c for 5-10 minutes . In the last minute of cooking add lemon juice.
Garnish with fresh coriander.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Clone of Almond Orange Meringue Pud
- Almond Orange Meringue Pud
- Clone of Fruity Pear Mince Tarts - Apple Sugar Free Version
- Cannelloni with Ricotta and Spinach Served with Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower Curry
- Roti, Chapati or Wrap
- Spiced Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Apricot Chutney
- Carrot Cake