- 1 red onion, peeled, halved
- 2 clove garlic
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander seed, ground
- 2 tsp cumin seed, ground
- 2 carrot, peeled, roughly chopped
- 150 g McKenzies lentils, freekeh & beans superblend, found in most Australian supermarkets
- 1 tsp thermomix vegetable stock
- 380 g water
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled with vegetable peeler into ribbons
- 2 sprigs spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 fresh chilli
- 2 heaped tablespoon flaked almond
- 1 bunch Leafy greens
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pieces pita bread, (optional)
- 4 heaped tbsp Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 heaped tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
Recipe is created for
- Add garlic and onion to TM bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 5, MC on. Scrape down the sides.
- Add oil and spices (allspice, chilli, coriander and cumin) and cook 3 minutes/Varoma/speed 1, MC on.
- Add roughly chopped carrot and chop 3 seconds/speed 5, MC on. Scrape down and repeat for another second or two if necessary.
- Add the freekeh mix and blend 3 seconds//speed 3.
- Add the water and Thermomix vegetable stock, stir with spatula to ensure the mix is covered with water. Cook 15 minutes/100 degrees//speed 1, with simmering basket on top instead of the MC.
- Remove freekeh mixture from the TM bowl and let stand in Thermoserver for 10 minutes - while you prepare the rest of the salad. This will help absorb that last bit of liquid!
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Toss this dressing through the leafy greens and add to your bowl/plate.
- Add the cooked freekeh mix to your bowl/plate.
- Top the salad with the yoghurt mix, cucumber ribbons, chilli, spring onion and almonds! Serve with wholemeal pita bread if desired.
Lentils, Freekeh & Beans
Assembling the salad
This recipe was adapted and converted from a Women's Weekly Recipe: https://www.foodtolove.co.nz/recipes/spiced-freekeh-with-cucumber-and-garlic-minted-yoghurt-2327
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Kazza’s Bolognaise Pasta sauce
- Variation Best Ever Oil Free Hummus
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Buster's Dog Food Stew
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER