- 1 clove garlic
- 2 pieces shallots, (not spring onion)
- 30 g olive oil
- 250 g arborio rice
- 50 g white wine
- 750 g chicken stock
- 1 chopped lettuce (1 cup), (you can use TMX on Speed 3 for a few seconds but I prefer to use a knife)
- 60 g Frozen peas and corn
- 2 stalks spring onions, I omit the darker green portion
- 10 g Butter
- 30 g parmesan cheese, grated, Can be grated via TMX prior to first step
- to taste Salt and pepper, I blitzed 1/2 tsp of green peppercorns with the garlic clove/shallots
Chop up garlic and shallots on Speed 4 for a few seconds.You can add some green peppercorn here too.
2. Add olive oil and sautee for 2 minutes on 100C, Speed 1.
3. Insert Butterfly and add rice and white wine. Cook on 100C for 2 minutes on Soft/Reverse.
4. Add chicken stock and continue cooking on 100C for 15 minutes on Soft/Reverse.
5. If risotto has reached desired consistency* at the end of 15 minutes, add lettuce, peas and spring onion and cook for another minute on the same setting.
6. Pour risotto into server or dish and stir in butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste.
Accessories you need
Risotto is a tricky thing as we all know. After the recommended time, the risotto should appear watery still but the rice itself should be largely cooked through with a touch of resistance on the teeth. The rice will continue to absorb moisture so even if watery, risotto should be served up fairly soon after it’s cooked. I recommend keeping an eye on things towards the 13/14 minute mark. Not all rice behave the same after all.
Please refer to my post for this recipe: Lettuce Risotto
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Stir Fry Veggies
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Fluffy American Pancakes
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Pineapple upside down cake
- O’Henry Slice
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Rice Bubble Slice