- 50 g olive oil, note if can have dairy - use butter
- 125 g Cashews, reserve 25 g for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g g ginger
- 60g g onion
- 12 g Mustard seeds
- 18 curry leaves, fresh
- 3 level tbsp garam masala, see notes
- 1 level tsp tumeric
- 1 pieces star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 3 cardamon pods, crushed
- 300 g coconut yoghurt
- 700 g tomato passata
- 450 g chopped vegetables, carrot/capsicum/cauliflower - whatever you wish to use. Broccoli see notes
- 300 g cooked chickpeas, or 1 tin strained and washed
- 270 g coconut cream
- 5 g maple, or coconut sugar or honey/rice syrup
- 5 level tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon
- 1 bunches coriander, small bunch washed - chop steps, use leaves
- 30 g almond meal, if you don't have mill cashews prior to recipe
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add ginger, onion, garlic to Bowl with "Closed lid" 5 SEC"Blend" SPD 7.
- Scrape down bowl add mustard seeds, curry leaves and oil to bowl. MC OFF4 MINVAROMA"Blend" SPD 1. In the meantime roast cashews on stove top or in oven for a couple of minutes to release oils.
- Add cashews, coriander stems, garam marsala, turmeric, star anise, cinnamon, salt, cardamon pods and MC OFF 3 MINVAROMA "Counter-clockwise operation" SPD 1
- Add to bowl yoghurt, passata, lemon/applecider vinegar, almond meal, vegetables, chickpeas, sweetner, 170g of coconut cream and cook for 25 min 100 DEG "Counter-clockwise operation" SPD 1 with steamer basket on top
- Once cooked add remainder coconut cream, stir with spatula and serve with coriander leaves
Accessories you need
If serving with rice - cook rice first and leave in thermoserver till ready to serve,
If wanting to use greens like broccoli - best to cook in last 5 minutes of rice cook and set aside (don't allow to over cook) - Put broccoli into NOT BUTTER CHICKEN prior to serving.
# can sub coconut cream for oat cream
#Garam Masala - if you don't have see this recipe on cookidoo
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Luke's Tortillas
- Almond and Lemon Myrtle Dukkah
- Washing Powder - borax and soap free
- Compost Cake
- Bill Granger Cauliflower and Fennel Salad
- Green smoothie
- Apple Cinnamon Bars with Cooconut Vanilla Frosting Adapted
- DLT broccoli soup with Tahini and pinenut Zaatar crumb
- cashew NO-GHURT
- No Mato Sauce - AIP compliant
- AIP Coffee
- Flourless Crio bru chocolate cake