- 250 g Gluten flour
- 300 g silken tofu
- 2 level tbsp water
- 2 heaped tablespoons savoury yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add all ingredients and combine 5 secs, speed 5
- Cover Thermomat with a bit of gluten flour. Turn the dough ball onto the surface and lightly dust the top with a little more gluten flour. The dough will be soft and very sticky so this will help it from sticking to your hands. Do not knead the dough, kneading it will make it tough. Cut the dough ball into 6 pieces and use the tips of your fingers to press each piece of dough into an oval shape about 10cm x 15cm.
- Add 500g water to bowl and set 30min, varoma temp, speed 2
- While that's starting, lightly oil varoma and tray and place tenders in there. Oil any overlapping parts of the tenders.
- Add varoma to thermomix and steam for remaining time (25mins). Flip tenders halfway through.
- Store finished tenders in fridge for up to 4 days.
Once chilled, you can treat them as you would raw chicken -season, crumb or cook them as you like. They require a shorter cooking time than chicken as they are already cooked. Pan fry or grill them, bread or crust them, slice them for salad, pasta, or stirfry, cut them into nuggets, add them to burritos, tacos, or sandwiches. The options are endless!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Parmies / Parmigiana
- Cheesy Zucchini and Herb Fritters
- Mexican corn chip casserole
- Nannie’s Relish - thermi converted using tinned tomatoes
- Healthy Peanut Butter Blondies
- Thai flavoured Pumpkin soup
- German Crust Bread
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake