- 125 g Chickpeas, Soaked overnight in water
- 65 g Chana dal, (Or yellow split peas)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 fresh chilli
- 10 g fresh mint leaves
- 1 Brown onion, quartered
- 2 very ripe tomatoes
- 1 heaped teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1.5 tablespoon tamarind puree, (Or lemon juice)
15h 30minPreparation 12h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
1. Drain soaked chickpeas and put in a medium saucepan with 750mL water. Boil, then cover and gently simmer for 1hr.
2. Add chana dal (or yellow split peas) and simmer covered for 2hrs. Set aside.
3. Put garlic, ginger, chilli, mint and 3 tbsp water in tmx and blend speed 7 until blades run freely. Scrape down sides of bol and rpt until a paste is achieved (around 3x). Set aside.
4. No need to clean out bowl.
place onion in tmx and chop 5sec Speed 5. Scrape down, add 1tbsp oil and cook 3min on Varoma, speed 1.
5. Add tomatos and chop 5sec Speed 5. Scrape down side of bowl. Cook 6min, 100'. Speed 1, MC removed
6. Add onion mix to chickpeas, mint mix to chickpeas and remaining ingredients. Stir well to mix. Cover and cook on low for 30mins.
7. Serve with vegetables, and if desired some yoghurt
- you can double or triple the recipe, the cooking times remain the same
- I found chana dal in the Indian section of my local supermarket
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Cooked Millet (awesome alternative to cous cous)
- Ultimate Breakfast Smoothie (vegan, raw, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- Avo-nnaise aka vegan mayonnaise (egg-free soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo, WFPB)
- Nigerian Falafels - Akara (vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free)
- Apple, Pear and Cinnamon muffins (vegan, egg-free, dairy-free)
- Apple porridge (vegan, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free)
- Chia Breakfast Pudding (vegan, paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free)
- Soaked Spelt Crackers
- Mini Quiche - lunchbox, snacks, breaky-on-the-go!
- Rich and Hearty Bolognese w zoodles (paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, egg-free)
- Breakfast Pikelets - 2 Ingredients (Paleo, vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free)
- Saag Gosht - Mild Lamb Curry (Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free,)
- 2 in 1 chicken corn soup and baby food
- Chocolate fondant cake
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Marinade