- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 600 g pumkin, Peeled and cubed
- 1 Spanish onion, Peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- freshly ground pepper
- 250 g Reduced fat ricotta
- 1 tomato, Sliced
- 2 tablespoon basil, Finely Sliced
Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
Chop Parmesan into little cubes and process for 10 seconds on Speed 9. Remove and set-aside.
Place 1 litre of water into bowl and then place pumkin into varoma tray and cook at Varoma for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
Remove Varoma tray and set aside. Empty bowl (no need to dry)
Quarter onion and add it along with garlic to bowl and chop for 6 seconds Speed 7. Scrape down bowl and add 1 tbsp water and "fry" onion and garlic for 3 minutes Speed 3.
While they're cooking, arrange the pumpkin in the bottom of a greased baking dish.
Add eggs, milk, ricotta and pepper/salt to taste.
Beat "Counter-clockwise operation" 10 seconds Speed 5.
Pour over the pumpkin and arrange sliced tomato and basil over the top. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for about 30 minutes or until firm.
Accessories you need
This is a very basic recipe I made for my daughter who is only just starting to experiment with adapting recipes. It can be modified and changed in many ways.
Try adding bacon, ham or smoked chicken to the dish before adding the egg mixture.
Try adding more onions to the bowl and using olive oil/balsamic to caremalise them before adding the eggs and ricotta.
Try adding silverbeet/spinach with some nutmeg instead of the basil and tomato.
Possibilities are endless.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheesy pasta
- Greek Pie
- Clone of Lentil Shepherd's Pie (Thermobexta)
- Layered Steamed Vegetables
- Sauteed Siamese Gourd by @levi_nathania
- Coconut and Lemon Grass Curry Bowl
- Variation Shakshuka
- Gado Gado
- Porotos Granados
- Baked Ricotta and Pea Curry
- Self Crusting Quiche
- Indonesian Clear Spinach Soup @levi_nathania
- Chocolate Rum and Raisin Icecream
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Feta, Bacon & Spinach Quiche