- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 600 g pumkin, Peeled and cubed
- 1 Spanish onion, Peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- freshly ground pepper
- 250 g Reduced fat ricotta
- 1 tomato, Sliced
- 2 tablespoon basil, Finely Sliced
Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
Chop Parmesan into little cubes and process for 10 seconds on Speed 9. Remove and set-aside.
Place 1 litre of water into bowl and then place pumkin into varoma tray and cook at Varoma for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
Remove Varoma tray and set aside. Empty bowl (no need to dry)
Quarter onion and add it along with garlic to bowl and chop for 6 seconds Speed 7. Scrape down bowl and add 1 tbsp water and "fry" onion and garlic for 3 minutes Speed 3.
While they're cooking, arrange the pumpkin in the bottom of a greased baking dish.
Add eggs, milk, ricotta and pepper/salt to taste.
Beat 10 seconds Speed 5.
Pour over the pumpkin and arrange sliced tomato and basil over the top. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for about 30 minutes or until firm.
This is a very basic recipe I made for my daughter who is only just starting to experiment with adapting recipes. It can be modified and changed in many ways.
Try adding bacon, ham or smoked chicken to the dish before adding the egg mixture.
Try adding more onions to the bowl and using olive oil/balsamic to caremalise them before adding the eggs and ricotta.
Try adding silverbeet/spinach with some nutmeg instead of the basil and tomato.
Possibilities are endless.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- Ooba Healthy'ish' Curried Sausages
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Marion Grasby's Spicy Sichuan Wontons
- Lotus Biscoff Spread
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Applesauce muffins
- Cale's Crepes
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Chocolate icecream