- 150 g brown rice
- 1 egg
- 25 g breadcrumbs, wholemeal
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 500 g pumpkin, (peeled weight), chopped
- 2 eggs
- 120 g Milk, (any milk is suitable)
- 120 g cheese, (smoked cheddar is nice), cubed
-Fill TM bowl with the required amount of water to cook rice, insert steamer basket and weigh brown rice into basket. Cook 35 - 40 min/Varoma/sp 4.
(Note you may choose to steam the pumpkin in Varoma while rice cooks, rather than roast it).
-Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180'C.
-Once cooked, allow rice to cool slightly if you have time (rice can be cooked a day ahead).
-Drain TM bowl of remaining water and pat dry. Transfer rice to TM bowl and add remaining rice crust ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix /sp 2 - 3 until combined.
-Spray a 20cm pie dish with cooking spray and spread rice mixture on the bottom and sides of dish, using the back of a spoon or your hands to flatten and compress. Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins.
-Season chopped pumpkin with salt & pepper to taste and combine with a little good quality oil. Roast in oven or air fryer until tender.
(Pumpkin may also be steamed in Varoma while the rice is cooking but will not be as flavoursome. You may also roast pumpkin a day or two prior to baking the quiche.)
-Weigh cheese into TM bowl and grate 3 - 5 sec/sp 8.
-Transfer cooked pumpkin to TM bowl and add remaining filling ingredients. Mix on speed 4 - 5 until combined.
-Spread pumpkin filling evenly into pre-baked rice crust and return to oven for 30 - 40 mins, until set.
-Allow to cool for 10 mins before serving with salad.
Assembly & Baking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Light & Tangy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Best Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Vegie Quiche
- Cinnamon Zucchini Loaf
- Easy Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Raspberry Lemon Custard Cake
- Bacon, Ricotta & Roast Capsicum Quiche
- Quick Zucchini Quiche
- Quark - German spreadable cheese
- Honey cheese bread
- Proste capuccino
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Dr Frank's Paleo Grain Free Bread/Focaccia
- Oatmeal recipe
- Oat and Date Bites
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Potato Soup