- 400 grams Quinoa (washed)
- 1 tablespoon Veg Stock Concentrate
- 900 grams water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- fresh parsley, Good handful
- fresh mint, Good handful
- 1 Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil, ( evoo)
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
Thoroughly rinse quinoa or soak for 30 minutes if time permits.
Add did water and stock to the TM bowl. Pour quinoa into simmer basket and place into bowl.
Cook on varoma temp, 18 minutes, speed 3.
Once cooked, tip remaining water out of the bowl and allow quinoa to cool down. Add quinoa to thermoserver and put in the fridge to cool.
Place garlic, onion, parsley and mint into bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7
may need to scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
Put into thermoserver with the quinoa.
Do not rinse the bowl. Add evoo, lime juice and salt and pepper .
Mix on speed 6 for 10 seconds.
Chop cherry tomatoes in half. Put all of these ingredients on top of quinoa salad and mix through when you are ready to serve.
Quinoa can be made ahead. You could use rice or couscous instead.
Could add shredded chicken, olives or spinach leaves or cold boiled eggs.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)
- Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagna
- Falafel (Eastern Sudan Variant)
- Mexican rice (e.g. for Tortillas), vegetarian
- Rich Vegan caramelised onion pasta
- Chickpea Curry
- Masala Oats
- Spring Roll Pastry
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Sweet potato bread
- Masala Dosa
- Fakes- Greek Lentil Soup
- Vegan Cinnamon Scrolls
- Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Frijoles colados estilo guatemalteco
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free