- 85 g chick peas
- 150 g rolled oats
- 50 g quinoa, flakes or grains
- 1 x 750 g can of red kidney beans, (equivalent to 430g of beans; well rinsed)
- 125 g water
- 150 g silken tofu
- 30 g Nutritional Yeast Flakes, (optional)
- 65 g tomato paste
- 30 g grapseed oil, (or any other neutral flavoured oil)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried ground coriander
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp harisa spice, optional; replace with 1/2 tsp dried chillies or 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper; or omit altogether if you dont like chilli))
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- oil, for shallow frying
8Recipe is created for
Add chickpease and quinoa (if using grain form) to bowl. Mill for 50sec, speed 9.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add oats and quinoa flakes (if this is the kind of quinoa you are using). Mill for 50sec, speed 9. Set aside.
Add beans, 80g of water and tofu to bowl and puree for 15 sec, speed 7 until smooth.
Add all other ingredients and mix for 20 secs, speed 6.
Scrape down sides, add the rest of the water (45g) and mix for another 30-40 secs at speed 6 until smooth. and dry ingredients are well incorporated. (see pic)
Let mixture rest for 30 mins.
To assemble the sausages,
tear off sheets of baking paper the length of a baking tray, cut in half and then cut in quarters to form rectangles that are about 14cm x 18cm. They dont have to be exact. Place one of these sheets on the bench or a cutting board with the longest side closest to you. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of mixtures onto the paper on the edge of the sheet closest to you, leaving 3-5cm open on either side of the mixture. Shape it into an even, thin log and begin to roll the paper around it, leaving the ends sticking out. Do not worry about shaping the log into a perfect roundness since the steaming action will take care of that for you. Once you finish rolling, hold the sausage in one hand and and twist the ends like a lolly wrapper, making sure to twist in opposite directions to seal the sausage in its paper casing.
Place them in the Varoma with the paper overlap on the bottom ( I used both layers). See pic.
Place 1 litre of water in the bowl and steam the sausages for 30 mins, Varoma, speed 3.5
When done, remove from paper casings and shallow fry immediately.
If you are not going to use immediately, allow to cool in paper casings, and then store (in casings) in an air tight container in the refrigerator or the freezer.
Make sure you use proper baking paper, not greaseproof paper.
You could use a piping bag to get the mixture onto the paper in a uniform line if you wish, but it is quite a stiff mixture.
Recipe inspiration from Kirsten's Kitchen: //kirstenlindquist.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/vegan-gluten-free-merguez-sausage-diy.html
Apologies for the sideways photos!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Fennel Puree
- SPICED BANANA BREAD (EGG-FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- Bulk, Catering Quantity(12L) Pancake Batter
- Chocolate Ginger Love with Strawberry & Basil Sugar
- Very Easy Chocolate Fudge Sauce (Gluten-Free, sugar-free, dairy free, soy-free, vegan, scrumptious!)
- Allergy Friendly Zucchini Slice (Egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free)
- MOROCCAN RICE SALAD
- Grape Pudding / Grape Juice Pudding GF DF
- Quince & Cardamom Steamed Puddings
- Apple Oat Slice - Wheat free; Egg free; Vegan
- Dairy Free, Egg-free 'Cheese' & Herb Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce
- Quickest Scones
- Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chocolate,Ginger and Orange Bliss Balls / Protein Balls
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez