- 150 g tri-colour quinoa, soaked or washed thoroughly
- 400 g sweet potato, diced into small cubes
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli, fresh
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 sprig coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 40 g Flour, Plain, or almond meal
- Plain Greek Yoghurt
- salad greens
- Roma tomatoes
- Place quinoa in the TM basket & add to the TM bowl. Pour in 800g water.
- Place the cubed sweet potato (small cubes to cook in the allocated time) into the deep Varoma and set on top. Cook 20min/100°/Speed 4.
- Once cooked, remove the quinoa and sweet potato and set aside.
- Give the TM bowl a quick rinse and dry. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli to the TM bowl. Mix 5 Seconds/Speed 5. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
- Add oil and curry powder and saute 3min/Varoma/Speed 2. Add the cooked sweet potato and blend 10 Seconds/Speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add flour, egg and coriander to TM bowl. Mix 10 Seconds/Speed 7. Scrape down sides and mix again 10 Seconds/Speed 7.
- Transfer mixture into a large bowl and stir through the cooked quinoa.
Allow the mixture to cool down before shaping into round patties. (I put the mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes)
Preheat oven to 180°C - if you would like to bake them!
Place them on a lined baking tray and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes - turn over halfway through.
OR Fry the patties on medium heat in coconut oil, about 3 minutes on each side! For best result: before frying, place the patties in the fridge for 30 minutes beforehand.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spinach, onion and feta pie
- Paneer kadhai masala
- Gorgonzola and Gouda Sauce
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein