- 150 g tri-colour quinoa, soaked or washed thoroughly
- 400 g sweet potato, diced into small cubes
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli, fresh
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 sprig coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 40 g Flour, Plain, or almond meal
- Plain Greek Yoghurt
- salad greens
- Roma tomatoes
- Place quinoa in the TM basket & add to the TM bowl. Pour in 800g water.
- Place the cubed sweet potato (small cubes to cook in the allocated time) into the deep Varoma and set on top. Cook 20min/100°/Speed 4.
- Once cooked, remove the quinoa and sweet potato and set aside.
- Give the TM bowl a quick rinse and dry. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli to the TM bowl. Mix 5 Seconds/Speed 5. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
- Add oil and curry powder and saute 3min/Varoma/Speed 2. Add the cooked sweet potato and blend 10 Seconds/Speed 5. Scrape down sides.
- Add flour, egg and coriander to TM bowl. Mix 10 Seconds/Speed 7. Scrape down sides and mix again 10 Seconds/Speed 7.
- Transfer mixture into a large bowl and stir through the cooked quinoa.
- Allow the mixture to cool down before shaping into round patties. (I put the mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes)
Preheat oven to 180°C - if you would like to bake them!
- Place them on a lined baking tray and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes - turn over halfway through.
OR Fry the patties on medium heat in coconut oil, about 3 minutes on each side! For best result: before frying, place the patties in the fridge for 30 minutes beforehand.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /