- 2 scoop basmati rice
- 1 portion onion
- 3 piece potato
- 1 jars yoghurt
- 3 piece carrot
- 2 level tbsp Indonesian curry paste
- to taste salt
- 4 to taste vegetable
Recipe is created for
To make veg biryani in pressure cooker, heat mix of oil and ghee or either of them.
Add whole spices and fry for few seconds. Add sliced onions and fry until it starts picking up golden tint.
Now, add cut vegetables, Indonesian curry paste , capsicum, green chilies slit and sauté on high for a minute
Add whisked yogurt, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix. Cook for a minute.
Then, top the vegetables with chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves, fried onions.
Without mixing, layer the soaked and strained rice and saffron milk.
Add 3.5 cups of water and lemon juice, check for salt and add some more.
Pressure for 2 whistle on medium flame and then switch off the heat. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
Serve with raita of your choice.
Instructions to cook
Accessories you need
Your delicious veg biryani is ready. For best results I use Indonesian Curry Paste from OrientAsian as their products are delicious and authentic in taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Cale's Crepes
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Apple Fruit Jam
- Baba Ganoush Chicken
- Lamb Shanks