THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 grams olive oil
- 2 Chicken Thigh Fillets (about 350g)
- 4 pieces Shortcut bacon (about 120g)
- 350 grams arborio rice
- 2 heaped tablespoons Chicken Stock Paste (or Vegetable Stock Paste if you prefer)
- 30 grams white wine vinegar
- 970 grams water
- 40 grams baby spinach
- 120 grams frozen peas
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onion and garlic in bowl. Chop for 3 seconds, Speed 5. Use spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add olive oil, diced chicken and cubed bacon and saute for 4 minutes, 100 degrees, "Counter-clockwise operation" Speed "Gentle stir setting" .
- Add Arborio Rice, Chicken (or vegetable) stock paste, white wine vinegar and water to the bowl. Cook for 16 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 2, with Simmering Basket on top of lid (in place of Measuring Cup).
- When finished, weigh Baby Spinach and Frozen Peas into simmering basket. Then place Baby Spinach and Frozen Peas AND Risotto into Thermoserver and gently stir until combined.
- Allow risotto to rest in Thermoserver for 10 minutes until it thickens (the liquid will absorb into the rice).
- Serve. If tolerated, you may wish to serve it with grated or flaked parmessan cheese.
Accessories you need
You can use dry white wine in place of white wine viegar. To do so, I would recommend adding 100 grams of dry white wine instead of the vinegar, and reducing the water added to 900 grams.
If you're using parmessan cheese, you may wish to grate block parmessan cheese first (say, 80grams) on speed 8 for 10 seconds. Then set aside. Some of this cheese can be added when the peas and spinach are added, then stirred to combine.
You could steam small cubed pumpkin in the Varoma at the same time as the risotto cooks, and add the pumpkin to Thermoserver at end if you wish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Basilico Spago
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Vegan Alfredo sauce
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegan potato bake with browned onions
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Dogs dinner - meat stew (quick and easy)
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- DATE & COCONUT BLISS BALLS