- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 tbsp chicken stock paste
- 800 g hot water
- 1/2 onion, Quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red capsicum, Cut into large chunks
- 20 g olive oil
- 100 g chorizo sausage, sliced and cut in half
- 100 g frozen peas
- 300 g arborio rice
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (400g)
- 500 g Seafood marinara mix
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Add the thyme, saffron, paprika and chicken stock paste to hot water and set aside.
Place onion and garlic into TM . Chop for 5 seconds, speed 7.
Scrape down and add oil. Sauté for 3 minutes, 100°, speed 1. (MC off)
Add in capsicum and chop for 3 seconds, speed 7. ( If you want the capsicum chunkier, just cut it into strips and omit the extra chopping)
Scrape down and cook for 3 minutes, 100°, speed 1, "Counter-clockwise operation" . Add chorizo, if using, and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
Add in the stock mix, Arborio rice, peas, tomatoes and pepper to taste. Mix on speed 3 to combine for a couple of seconds
Cook for 16 minutes, 100°, speed 1. Cook with the MC cap out, and place the steaming insert basket on top of lid (to prevent splatters). After the beeps, check the consistency - The mix should still be a little liquid - add extra water if you feel it is needed. .
Add seafood, (poke down into mixture with spatula) and cook for 5 minutes, 100°, speed 1.
Place in Thermoserver and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Basilico Spago
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Vegan Alfredo sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto