- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 shallots, peeled
- 200 g carrots, roughly chopped, peel on
- 100 g Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 2 red chillies seeds in, finely sliced to serve
- 400 g white long grain rice, rinsed
- 2.5 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sambal Olek
- 6 rashes shortcut bacon
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 900 g water
- 1/4 cup Fried Onions, to serve
8Recipe is created for
Add carrots to bowl and chop 3 - 4 seconds / Speed 4
Cut 6 bacon rashes of bacon in halves, add to bowl and chop
3 seconds / Speed 4
Add onion, garlic and shallots to bowl and chop 2 seconds / Speed 6
Add chopped bacon and sautee for 2 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1
(No need to add oil as there is enough fat from the bacon)
Once sauteed, tip into a Thermoserver.
Don't clean the TM bowl.
Place 400g rice into TM basket and rinse until water runs clear.
Add 900g water to the bowl.
Insert TM basket with rice.
Place chopped carrot in the Varoma dish.
Put the Varoma tray in place, then take a large sheet of baking paper, dampen with water, scrunch it up, then spread it out over the Varoma tray.
Pour whisked eggs onto the baking paper (on the Varoma tray)
Cook rice, carrots and omelette 13 mins / Varoma / Speed 3
While the rice is cooking, measure ingredients for the Soy Sauce mixture into a small jug and combine.
When the timer has finished, add Chinese cabbage to the Varoma dish and cook for a further 3 minutes / Varoma / Speed 3
Slice omelette into fine strips
Tip rice into Thermoserver and mix in with existing bacon mixture.
Add steamed carrots and cabbage, half the sliced omelette and the Soy Sauce mixture.
To plate up, serve Nasi Goreng onto serving platers.
Top with remaining sliced omelette.
Sprinkle with fried onions.
Serve with finely sliced chiilies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy pasta side dish
- Chicken & Bacon Risotto
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto
- That Thermo Woman - Toddler Pleasing Pasta
- Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
- Ginger, Garlic and Chilli Prawns with Pasta
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Creamy chicken and bacon pasta with sundried tomatoes
- Mexican Chicken Bake
- Variation MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- Quick Noodles