- Please enter the ingredients in the following order:
- 75 g fresh garlic
- (~1 whole garlic bulb, broken into cloves, peeled with core removed - we have had better results with frozen cloves but fresh is fine
- 85 g water
- 500 g vegetable oil, Don’t use olive oil, try corn, camellia tea, grapeseed or other cold pressed . Don’t need extra virgin, as these tend to be too flavoursome for this preparation.
- ½ tsp Citric acid
- ½ tsp sea salt
Blitz garlic and water for 30 sec on Speed 10.
With the MC in place, drizzle the oil into the TM bowl, while still running at Speed 10. It may take a couple of minutes to drain in.
Slow the speed enough (to Speed 5) to add the citric acid and salt, and then finish with another 5 seconds on Speed 9.
Tip for Altering the Quantity
The ratio can be maintained for a larger quantity by using this quick traditional method:
Fill a glass with the prepared frozen garlic, and then without removing the garlic, fill the glass with water to the top of the garlic. Fill that same glass to the same level three times with oil. Hence, the ratio of one part garlic immersed in water, to three parts oil. For two whole garlic bulbs, you’ll use 1 tsp each of salt and citric acid.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Annabel Karmel's Chicken with Apricots by Domestic Thermominx
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Vegan Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Mixie's cold brew coffee
- 3 course baby meal (& no need to clean the thermie bowl between)
- Cauliflower steaks with lemon coconut sauce