- 600 g apples, roughly chopped (leave skin, core and pips in)
- 2 lemons, pith and peel removed
- 150 g water
- 250 g - 300g raw sugar
Place apples and lemon into TM bowl and chop for 10 seconds on speed 9.
Cook for 40 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
Add sugar to taste and cook for 20 minutes at 100C on speed 2. Test whether jelly will set by dropping a small amount onto a cold saucer. Cook for an extra 20 minutes at 100C on speed 2 if necessary. (Time will vary depending on the amount of natural pectin in the fruit. Add a few unripe apples to help jelly to set as they have more pectin than ripe fruit.)
Place the Varoma dish upside down over a clean bowl and sit the rice basket lined with muslin cloth onto the upturned Varoma so that the liquid will drip through and collect in the dish underneath. Leave to drip overnight then bottle the apple jelly in a steralized jar.
Push the remaining pulp through the muslin back into the TM bowl and discard the pips and cores. Cook apple mix for 40 minutes at 100C on speed 2 then spread into an oiled tray to set overnight. Cut and store in the fridge and serve with cheese in place of quince paste while they're out of season.
Adjust sugar to your taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam
- Variation Mixed Berry Jam for TM 5
- Variation Greengage Jam
- Hanne's Nutella 😊
- Classic Barbecue Sauce
- Balsamic Onion Dip
- Cheese Sauce (for corned beef)
- Supergreen Vegan Pesto
- BBQ sauce
- New York Style Hot Dog Onion Relish
- Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- Triple C Dip (Chickpeas, Cashews and Cumin)
- Leek, Corn & Feta Frittata
- Chicken and Zucchini brown rice Risotto
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Sunday morning quick'n easy rolls
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Variation Chicken Laksa
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Coffee Bar Cake
- Supersize Hamburger
- Peppermint Mint Choc Chip Bliss Balls
- Delicious Bliss Balls
- Lactation cookies