- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ lemon, zest
- 1 can Chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pinches Pink Himalayan Salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice, I use olive oil
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1½ to 2 Avocadoes, flesh only, reserve seeds
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place lemon zest and garlic cloves into bowl, chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down sides and repeat.
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, ground cumin, salt, pepper and mix 10 - 15 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides and repeat in 10 second intervals until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add avocado flesh, mix 10 - 15 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides and repeat until desired consistency is achieved.
Avocado Hummus / Hommus
If Shepard Avocado are in season, use these as they do NOT discolour. Otherwise, prepare just prior to serving to maintain colour, otherwise pop the seeds into the dip and cover with glad wrap ensuring the wrap is pressed against the dip to minimise air. If the dip discolours this will only be on top where it is exposed to air, either scrape this layer off or mix it in with the remainder of the dip.Serve with any of the following; vegetable sticks, foccaccia, crackers, white corn tortilla strips or spread on toast.This normally fills 2 ramekins, depending on how much avocado you use.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Virgin Pina Colada Fruity Dream
- Protein Balls - Nut Free
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- 'Ginger FREE' gingerbread - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free
- Mushroom, Leek and Bacon Risotto
- Taylor's Healthy Lunchbox Bliss Balls / Bars - gluten free, nut free, dairy free
- San Choy Bow (Allergy Friendly)
- Tuna and Cannellini Bean Dip - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
- Berry Cheesecake - Allergy Friendly - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Cocoa Free, Soy Free)
- Tomato, Chorizo and Zucchini Risotto
- Chicken and Spinach Risotto
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- American Banana Bread
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Nigella's Rosemary rememberance cake
- Vegan Veggie Rolls (Moderate RPAH diet)
- Sesame bars Cookidoo - translated from Italian
- Indian rice pudding
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Ketchup - Sugar Free