- 150 g Nobby's beer nuts, skin on (red packet)
- 4 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 large red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, roughly chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Fried shallots
- 1/4 Medium tomato
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 20 g water, approx
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (doubles), shredded
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice, optional
Blend all ingredients except peanuts and liquids, 10 secs, speed 8. Scrape down sides.
Add peanuts and liquids. Blend 10 secs, speed 5. Scrape down and check consistency. You may like to blend again until desired consistency reached.
Check seasonings, balancing sweet, sour, salty, spicy.
Add more kecap manis for a richer brown colour.
Garnish with fried shallots or finely sliced fresh red shallots.
This sauce is made the way they do in Bali. Add coconut cream to the sauce to make it your more typical Indonesian Satay peanut sauce.
Recipe from Janet De Neefe at the Casa Luna Cooking School - if you go to Ubud, you have to go there!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hazelate (hazelnut & chocolate spread)
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Capsicum Relish
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Navajo Fry Bread
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Hot Chilli Jam
- French bread (overnight)
- Rose Water