- 150 g Nobby's beer nuts, skin on (red packet)
- 4 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 large red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, roughly chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Fried shallots
- 1/4 Medium tomato
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 20 g water, approx
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (doubles), shredded
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice, optional
Blend all ingredients except peanuts and liquids, 10 secs, speed 8. Scrape down sides.
Add peanuts and liquids. Blend 10 secs, speed 5. Scrape down and check consistency. You may like to blend again until desired consistency reached.
Check seasonings, balancing sweet, sour, salty, spicy.
Add more kecap manis for a richer brown colour.
Garnish with fried shallots or finely sliced fresh red shallots.
This sauce is made the way they do in Bali. Add coconut cream to the sauce to make it your more typical Indonesian Satay peanut sauce.
Recipe from Janet De Neefe at the Casa Luna Cooking School - if you go to Ubud, you have to go there!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cream Cheese
- Chilli laksa sauce
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Tobasco Sauce
- Passata Sauce
- Quick Avocado/Yoghurt Dip
- Tomato Sauce kids wont know the difference
- Almond butter
- Blue cheese sauce
- Capsicum Paste (biber salças)
- The Thermomixing Mum's Veggie Loaded Pizza and Pasta Sauce
- Spring Roll Pastry
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Sweet potato bread
- Masala Dosa
- Fakes- Greek Lentil Soup
- Vegan Cinnamon Scrolls
- Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Frijoles colados estilo guatemalteco
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free