- 150 g Nobby's beer nuts, skin on (red packet)
- 4 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 large red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, roughly chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Fried shallots
- 1/4 Medium tomato
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 20 g water, approx
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (doubles), shredded
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice, optional
Blend all ingredients except peanuts and liquids, 10 secs, speed 8. Scrape down sides.
Add peanuts and liquids. Blend 10 secs, speed 5. Scrape down and check consistency. You may like to blend again until desired consistency reached.
Check seasonings, balancing sweet, sour, salty, spicy.
Add more kecap manis for a richer brown colour.
Garnish with fried shallots or finely sliced fresh red shallots.
This sauce is made the way they do in Bali. Add coconut cream to the sauce to make it your more typical Indonesian Satay peanut sauce.
Recipe from Janet De Neefe at the Casa Luna Cooking School - if you go to Ubud, you have to go there!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
- Vegan Moussaka
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Taro and sago
- Braised Chicken
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip