- 500 grams Raw Beetroots
- 1 clove garlic
- 40 grams extra-virgin olive oil
- 60 grams tahini
- 40 grams lemon juice
- 20 grams apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
Wrap the beetroot in foil and roast in oven for 45-60 minutes.
Set aside to cool.
When cool enough to handle, peel and roughly chop.
Add the garlic and chop 3 secs/speed 7.
Scrape down the bowl. Add oil and saute 3 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
Add remaining ingedients including the beetroot and mix 30 sec/speed 6.
Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
Make the Hummus
You can also try this with carrot for another wonderful alternative.
For a stronger garlic flavour you do not need to saute the garlic just add all ingredients and mix.
This dip lasts up to 5 days in the fridge.
This recipe is converted from Healthy Every Day - Pete Evans.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Feijoa Paste
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Three cup duck tongue
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Nonna’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Chorizo and Tomato Risotto
- Mum's simple bolognese sauce