- 1000 g Beetroot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 onions, quartered
- 150 g apple cider vinegar, raw unfiltered
- 70 g Raspberry Red Wine Vinegar
- 100 g Rapadura Sugar
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Weigh in beetroot and onions and chop for 20 seconds/speed 5 with the aid of the spatula
Add Apple cider vinegar and Raspberry red wine vinegar and set for 7 mins/90degrees/on Reverse + speed 2
Scrape down the bowl and add the rapadura, ginger and salt and pepper. Pop the star anise in a herb bag or tied in a piece of muslin and add to TM bowl.
Cook for 1 hour/100 degrees/on Reverse and speed soft.
Check the bowl and scrape down the sides.
Set to cook for final 30mins/100 degrees/on Reverse and speed soft.
Remove Star Anise
Pour into sterilised jars and store in your pantry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Crispy Ginger Cookies
- Stewed Beef Brisket with tomato
- Tuna Dip
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Banana oat pancake
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese