- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 30 grams raw sugar, (maximum)
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs blend
- 2 tablespoons stock paste, (can use chicken, beef, veg or a mixture)
- to taste salt, (approx 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- to taste pepper, black, ground, (approx 1 teaspoon)
1h 40minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
My husband is a chef in an Italian restaurant. and he loves this recipe (mind you, each time is different, but these are the basic ingredients and steps I stick to each time.) You can add other vegetables to the bolognese when you make it especially if you are hiding vegetables for kids! Try veg like zucchini, capsicum, some more tomatoes like whole cherry tomatoes, even cabbage is great too, broccoli tips, mushrooms etc etc etc. This is just the sauce recipe.
1) Chop onion, garlic, celery & carrot 5 secs/speed 5. Scrape bowl.
2) Add oil, cook 4mins/100°C/speed 1
3) Add tomatoes and mushrooms. Chop 5 secs/speed 5. Scrape bowl.
4) Add all remaining ingredients. Place simmer basket instead of measuring cup. Cook 20mins/100˚C/ Speed 1.5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
5) Cook for up to 1 hour for 10-15 min intervals/100˚C/Speed 1.5 Scrape bowl each time. Check sauce for seasonings (salt, pepper, sugar, herbs, spices).
*For bolognese etc, add extra ingredients to the steamer basket with the sauce underneath. It will be fine as the longer the sauce cooks, the better it becomes! OR even cook your bolognese in a saucepan, the hard works done!
*You can reduce the sugar if you don’t want your sauce to be as sweet- add 20g and adjust in step 5. You do need some though to counter balance the bitterness that tomatoes have.
* For a smoother sauce, TURBO blitz the sauce on 2.5 secs until desired consistancy.
* Remember that this is just the sauce recipe. Add, change, remove any ingredients you feel you dont need. It's a very basic, personalise type of recipe- you cant go wrong!
*6 portions= 1 meal for 6 people. You could stretch it out by using stock when cooking your desired meat etc.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hazelate (hazelnut & chocolate spread)
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Capsicum Relish
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Cashew Fudge G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free