- 600 grams Calamansi Limes
- 1 lemon
- 400 grams sugar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Thoroughly wash calamansi limes. Remove stems. Halve and remove seeds. Save some seeds. You could leave the calamansi whole but they do contain alot of seeds and could be bitter.
- Place 2 tablespoons of seeds into a small muslin cloth and tie it tightly so that no seeds can escape. This is used in the cooking to provide the natural pectin for setting the jam. You could skip this step if using whole calamansi limes.
- Peel the lemon rind. Remove as much of the white pith. This step is optional. I remove the pith because of the bitterness.
- Quarter the lemon and remove seeds.
- Add lemon, lemon rind pieces and calamansi limes into "Closed lid" . Chop for 10 seconds on Speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and lid.
- Add sugar, muslin wrapped seeds and cook for 40 minutes at 100 degrees on Speed 2 without MC.
- Wash jars and lids and dry them upside down in the oven at 170-175 degrees. Keep them in the oven until ready for use.
- Remove muslin wrapped seeds. Pour hot jam into hot sterilised jars using a funnel. Wipe down the rims of the jar with a hot cloth and put on the hot lids. Turn the jar upside down and allow the jars to cool for 30-40 minutes.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Burger Sauce - Gluten Free
- Carrot Caviar
- Whey Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Butter
- KFC Style Gravy
- Coriander Pesto - Dairy Free
- Sugar-free Mixed Berry, Dates & Chia Jam
- Very Cheesey sauce