- 6 pieces large capsicum
- 3 pieces large garlic cloves
- 45 grams tomato paste
- 30 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 20 grams white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 tablespoon Peper
Recipe is created for
Preheat BBQ grill on high heat. Cook capsicum, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until tender and skin is blistered and blackened. Transfer to a snap-lock bag. Seal. Set aside for 5 minutes for capsicum to soften. Carefully peel and discard skins. Thickly slice capsicum.
If you don't have BBQ or don't want to use it, preheat the oven to 230C- 240 C. Place capsicums on a large oven tray, skin side up. Roast in preheated oven until the skin blisters and turns black. Transfer to a snap-lock bag. Seal. Set aside for 5 minutes for capsicum to soften. Carefully peel and discard skins. Thickly slice capsicum.
Place garlic cloves into the bowl and blitz for 3seconds on speed 7
Add roasted capsicums, tomato paste, olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper and mix for 8sec/ spd5
Cook for 10 mins/90/sp2 MC on
If you prefer smoother texture blitz for 2sec/sp6
Season with more salt & peper to your liking. Let it cool and serve or store in the jar in the fridge. It will keep for 7 days in the fridge.
Accessories you need
If you prefer spicy you can add chilli before cooking. Outstanding with BBQ meat as well as cold dip.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Passionfruit Curd
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Savoury Scones
- Pumpkin Scones
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)