- 6 pieces large capsicum
- 3 pieces large garlic cloves
- 45 grams tomato paste
- 30 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 20 grams white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 tablespoon Peper
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat BBQ grill on high heat. Cook capsicum, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until tender and skin is blistered and blackened. Transfer to a snap-lock bag. Seal. Set aside for 5 minutes for capsicum to soften. Carefully peel and discard skins. Thickly slice capsicum.
If you don't have BBQ or don't want to use it, preheat the oven to 230C- 240 C. Place capsicums on a large oven tray, skin side up. Roast in preheated oven until the skin blisters and turns black. Transfer to a snap-lock bag. Seal. Set aside for 5 minutes for capsicum to soften. Carefully peel and discard skins. Thickly slice capsicum.
Place garlic cloves into the bowl and blitz for 3seconds on speed 7
Add roasted capsicums, tomato paste, olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper and mix for 8sec/ spd5
Cook for 10 mins/90/sp2 MC on
If you prefer smoother texture blitz for 2sec/sp6
Season with more salt & peper to your liking. Let it cool and serve or store in the jar in the fridge. It will keep for 7 days in the fridge.
If you prefer spicy you can add chilli before cooking. Outstanding with BBQ meat as well as cold dip.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce