- 1 red onion, quartered
- dash apple cider vinegar
- dash macadamia nut oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 250 g macadamia nuts, raw
- dash macadamia oil
- 250 g macadamia nuts, Raw, Soak for 24 hrs, rinse, drain
- 1 tbsp macadamia nuts, roasted
- 2 tbsp Macadamia Nut Butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smoked garlic also works well
- 2 tbsp tahini
- pinch cayenne pepper
- dash lemon juice, to taste
- dash water
8Recipe is created for
Mill 20sec, sp 6-8. Scrape down inbetween. Repeat 4 times (or more) to get desired consistency.
** Note, I prefer my onions caramelised on stove top for a more intense flavourAdd onions to bowl and chop 10 sec, sp 5. Sautee, 8min, 100 deg, sp . Leave mc off to allow steam to escape.
Leave in to Cool. Move to Hummus step.
Add all ingredients to except cayenne pepper. Blitz on turbo until desired consistency is achieved.
Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
Serve with apple slices, toasted quinoa chips, etc. May be warmed through prior to serving if wished.
Macadamia Nut Butter
Macadamia Nut Hummus
Adapted from recipe provided by Barenuts
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Paella
- Garden vegetables tagliatelle
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Apple, Pear and Strawberry Purée - ThermieBub
- Strawberry and Banana Purée - ThermieBub
- Carrot and Zucchini Purée - ThermieBub
- Pumpkin Purée - ThermieBub
- Spicy Rum BBQ Sauce
- Beef Chili with Canadian twist
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Mango mousse
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad