- 320 grams raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh milled black pepper
- 140 grams water
4h 5minPreparation 4h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Soak cashews in 750 grams of warm water for 4 hours to activate
- 2. Use simmering basket to rinse and drain cashews
- 3. Add cashews, lemon juice, salt and pepper to bowl – blend 10 seconds / speed 8 – scrape down sides of bowl with spatula – repeat - blend 10 seconds / speed 8
- 4. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula - add water blend 30 seconds / speed 9 – check consistency – if necessary blend further on speed 9 to reach desired consistency
- 5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days
Cashews can be replaced with Macadamia nuts however if using Macadamia's you may need to add more water in step 4 to reach desired consistency
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.