- 400 grams chicken livers, (preferably organic and/or free range)
- 400 grams Milk
- 190 grams Butter
- 2 brown onions, peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 300 grams portabello mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh thyme, leaves only, plus extra for garnish
- 2 level tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tablespoon water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Original 'Pinkfarm' recipe, converted to Thermomix
Place chicken livers in a large bowl, cover with milk and refrigerate while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Place 60g butter in TM bowl and melt at 100 degrees for 1 minute on reverse, speed 2.
Add onion, garlic, bacon & mushrooms, chop for 3 seconds, speed 5.
Sautee for 6 minutes at varoma temperature, reverse speed 1.
Mix in thyme, then add balsamic vinegar and water. Mix together for 10 seconds, speed 3. Set mixture aside in a bowl.
Place 45g butter in clean TM bowl and melt at 100 degrees for 1 minute on reverse, speed 3.
Whilst butter is melting, drain chicken livers and pat dry with paper towel.
Add cleaned chicken livers to TM bowl & season well with salt & pepper. Chop for 6 seconds, speed 5.
Scrape down sides and cook for 9 minutes at 100C, speed 4.
Add onion, garlic, bacon & mushroom mixture, plus 180g chilled, chopped butter to TM bowl. Puree for 1 minute, speed 9.
Place pate into individual containers (makes about 12 average ramekin sized portions) .
Clean TM bowl and melt 100g butter at varoma temperature for 2 minutes, reverse, speed 4. Let butter cool slightly, then pour a thin film on top of each ramekin to seal. Melt more butter if needed for sealing pate. Decorate each with a thyme sprig.
Keeps in refrigerator for 4 days, or in freezer for up to 3 months.
Child Friendly Chicken Liver Pate
Accessories you need
Gently tap ramekin on tabletop to level out pate before pouring melted butter to seal.
I place all portions in the freezer, and pull out as needed. I tend to keep one in the fridge ready as a nutrient dense snack for the kids.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- Gherkin and Dill Dip
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Zucchini and Bean Chutney
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Dad’s Sauce - Easy and healthy gluten free tomato ketchup.
- Nut Free Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Lamington Nut Free Lunchbox Bliss Balls
- Easy Spelt Pancakes
- 'Flu Fighter' Green Smoothie
- Raw Salted Caramel Easter Chocolates
- Christmas Muffins - gift in a jar
- Meatballs with Tomato & Tamarind Sauce
- Chocolate beetroot cupcakes gluten free dairy free nut free refined sugar free
- Jason's Famous Shepherds Pie
- Kids Favourite Jam Biscuits
- Kid Friendly Coconut Chocolate
- Nut Free Spinach & Feta Pesto
- Chocolate truffles- Vegan & Nut Free
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Lamington Cocktail
- SEHAM’S FOOSALIYA WITH SLOW COOKED LAMB
- Dog Biscuits
- CARAMELITAS (SALTED CARAMEL FLAPJACKS)
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Choc Nut Slice
- Chai Turmeric
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice